Sunday 6 May 2012

Stoneleigh

Just back from Stoneleigh; very good show 100s of cars and some good displays by the various manufacturers. The weather managed to stay sunny now and again !

Met Richard & Ruth at the GBS stand, my chassis is due to go into powder coat next week & they've designed/integrated a removable spare wheel holder for me as requested.

Should only be a couple of weeks now before I can take delivery...

Bonnet Vents

I was taking a good look at various bonnet vent setups - I can't get louvres on my GT bonnet due to GBS tooling - I'm pretty much decided now - boat vents on left & right look good and should provide a good draft/pull of air out of the engine bay.



Update - these boat vents never happened - instead I cut some bespoke ones which were a little more discrete

I did see some with these facing forward on the intake side & backward on the exhaust, presumably to create a draft across the engine bay - not sure about the forward facing grills though. 

I also saw lots just behind the radiator line and a few back near the scuttle - I'll play it by ear when the time comes - assuming the rearmost vent should be approx level with the back of the engine; forward of the scuttle shelf so anything installed there is fully weatherproof.

I also suspect I need to do this after IVA, too many sharp edges on these things.


1 comment :

  1. Hi Richard, I'm Ramón Fernández from Spain, creator of www.PetrolHeadGarage.com, and I have linked your great website into mine, in this link:

    http://petrolheadgarage.com/engine-bay-air-outlet/

    Congratulations for your great building process, it's awesome! Please keep publishing as good as now! ;)

    ReplyDelete